Saturday, February 27, 2016

Welcome To My Apocalypse by JT Machinima

Jacob's Thoughts on a Personal Theme Song




My writing prompt is:


"If you had a theme song that played every time you entered the room, who would sing it and what would it be?"

I would choose "Welcome to my apocalypse" by JT Machinima and I would choose him to sing the song because it is his song. 

The reason why I choose this song, besides it being about a video game, is that the meaning I interpreted from it. To me, even though it's set during post-apocalyptic Boston, it says to me that life is chaotic and that the world is a dark place that is filled with bad and horrible things and people.

However, even though the world can be like that, it's also filled with nice, kind people who work hard to try to survive in the world, to bring some light to it, so to speak. It also says to me that there is no black and white in the world. There's going to be grey areas and exceptions to the rules. The same applies to people as well. 

Most may be evil and good, but there going to be some who are in the grey area who do what is necessary, even if it could be considered evil. I think that defines my life and me except with it taking place during the apocalypse and in the future.

In my life, I have seen and heard of the good and evil ones in the world. My mom is a good person, in my opinion. My "dad" - the evil. But I haven't seen too many that are in the grey area like me. I have morals and I hate when people who do evil with a passion, but I also hate people who are too naive and ignorant to understand what is going on around them and be too nice to people.

I will do good things but if the decision I have to make will hurt a few people but help the majority, I would do it. It also applies that the decision could be considered to some evil or not correct, but it's the right thing to do. The right thing to do is not the easiest and sometimes, it's not the most accepted because of the way people consider it. I am one of those people. I will do what is right to save the most people, even if the right choice isn't the most accepted way or "good guy" way to do it.

People tend to say they are not always the right choice to make and will lead with more people hurt than saved. That's why I would choose that song. It's quite the thing to think about. It's quite true as well, even though some people deny it. Plus the song is really good and it's one of my favourites by JT. 

He mainly does video game raps, but I noticed he has some songs that aren't video game related. I believe what I said with a passion. People are not always completely good or evil. There are those who are in the grey area.  The song describes life as a chaotic place with bad people who hurt others, good people who try to stop evil, and there's the grey area where you are not evil but not good either. You see all of this and it gives you a question to answer that will decide on how everyone will react to you. You can be evil whether most people will not like you except the evil and sometimes the people in grey. You can be good where most people will like you except evil and some grey. Or you can be grey, where you decide to choose who you support that will help the most people. And now I leave a quote for the same series but different game:


"War. War Never Changes." 
~ Fallout 3

This is Phoenix, signing off.